Thursday, October 22, 2009

New York Trip



Jake and I were so lucky to be able to stay with my wonderful friend, Jennie, in New York when we were there to support Richard in his ride
in the Tour de Pink.

Jennie is so beautiful and kind and smart and funny and spending time with her was most excellent. Jake loves her as well. She is really good peeps.

Our friend Minby also came down from Syracuse which was a fabulous treat. Both John and Jennie are great friends and we are lucky to have them in our lives.

Richard had an awesome time on the bike ride. He said it's one of the best things he has ever done. We had the honor to meet some of the other riders and survivors and I just have to say that people are good. They just are. People are good. Lots of warrior women inspiring me in the fight, along with their fabulous husbands. Thank you amazing people!

My husband consistently blows me away with his support and love and this ride on my behalf was no exception. I am so humbled by all the people in my life.

Jake and I had an amazing time. It was our first trip with just the two of us, even if that part was only 3 days. He is so funny and thoughtful and it was my extreme pleasure to see him discover the magic of New York City and Broadway for the first time.

Every day I get to stay on this Earth with these wonderful men is a good day. I love them so.

Thanks to all that helped make the Tour de Pink possible. One more step closer to the cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment