Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Goldsteins on TV!


As Pink October arrives, I want to once again thank you all for the support you’ve shown me for the past 2 ½ years of treatment. Wow! Has it been that long?

Just a heads up for those of you with a magical DVR: I’ll be on the 12PM (noon) news broadcast tomorrow, October 1st on WFTV, Channel 9. Vanessa Echols interviewed me and other survivors which she will air once a week through the month of October. My interview kicks it off tomorrow and I hope it looks good and that it helps awareness. If you miss it, the interview will be posted on the WFTV website (http://www.wftv.com/index.html) throughout the month of October. Bring on October pink ribbons!

Also-thanks again for the support for Richard’s bike ride in Hershey’s 2009 Tour de Pink. He flies out tomorrow to start the 3 day, 227 journey from Pennsylvania to New York and Jake and I are meeting him in New York City at the finish line. The riders (and supporters maybe, if we can get on camera-I’ll rely on Jake for that) will be featured Monday, October 6th on the morning show on Fox & Friends in NYC. It is the Fox cable channel (national!) and not the local Fox station. Jake and I should be there holding up signs of support. I’m not sure what time they’ll be on but if you start the DVR at 7AM (Eastern) and have it going for a couple hours, it should be in there. I watched last year’s video clip and it was at least a 15-20 minute segment on the show. Or you could wait for the edit and watch it later on the Young Survival Coalition’s Tour de Pink website (http://www.youngsurvival.org/tour_de_pink/index.html). This is the 6th annual Tour de Pink and we are so proud of Richard!

Thanks for all the love and support!

Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment