Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Do some shots with me while we wait

Come on, do some shots with me.

I wish I were talking about the fun kind of shots, but I'm not.

Having a little bit of extra energy with this current break from chemo, my mind was starting to race with possibilities of what I might be able to do that I haven't had the energy for in quite some time. Perhaps I can go for a bike ride. Maybe it's time for that trampoline workout class. Rock climbing wall?

Yet my imaginings were quickly halted by reality when my left foot was ripped open by a wayward nail. What is Laura doing walking barefoot through a construction site when she is fighting cancer, you might ask? Oh, this nail was in my living room. It is a nail that frequently shimmies up from a transition strip in the flooring. It is a nail that we have had every intention of replacing for awhile now. So, please people, finish your household projects. That's my PSA for the day.

Which brings me to what happens when you don't finish your projects. Yes, I did have to get a tetanus shot because there is no record of one in the past 10 years. While I was there, what the heck, I got a flu shot also. One shot in each arm. Neither one was painful upon entrance, but mother trucker---what is up with that tetanus shot? My arm has been killing me for 2 days!

The good news is that I'm healing quickly while off of Avastin which is a chemo that delays wound healing. Oh, and I know that I could never function after being stabbed, so I'll know to avoid potential stabbings. I think I invented some new curse words when the accident happened--at least some more colorful word combinations, that's for sure.

Still waiting for the call from Moffitt. with the green light for the clinical trial. Left a message for the clinical trial coordinator yesterday. Hopefully hear something today.

Smooches!

1 comment:

  1. Love to read your words. Thank you for sharing. Thinking of you.
    Hari

    ReplyDelete