Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Waiting for Side Effects


So, now we wait. I got an infusion of the new medicine, Navilbine, this morning. It was much shorter than the old one, but I'll have to get them more frequently. So far so good. I slept for a bit afterwards, but don't have the feeling that I was run over by a truck like I used to. So that's good.
It will be 3 weeks on, 1 week off-what a pain in the ass to try to plan things around. But I'm glad I'm still here and able to do things, don't get me wrong.
The waiting to see how the medicine affects your body and your emotions is one of the worst parts about "the cancer journey". Did I ever mention that I hate when people call it "the cancer journey". Really? Journey? Like self discovery and personal growth and all that shit? Yes, it happens but it doesn't feel as pure and spiritual when the journey was not your choice. Cancer---go journey with someone that deserves it--someone in jail for messing with little kids or someone who hacks into emails because they really could use some chemo distraction to fill the void.
Journey shmourney. Cancer's a trip!
Smooches!
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Believing cancer is your sojourn (temporary stay)! Keep kicking it girl! Just prayed for you.

    ReplyDelete