Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stupid Liver


Apparently, my liver is not on board with the gameplan. My liver does not realize that I am kind of a bad ass. My liver does not appreciate that the cancer is shrinking in EVERY other area of my body except there. My liver is a stubborn ass.
The brilliant, non-committal, too much of a wuss to make a decision because they are so afraid to get sued radiologist put in my CT results that instead of the two remaining lesions (that word's my favorite), there are multiple lesions. And the largest of the two previous lesions has grown an entire centimeter. Just what does multiple mean? No one can tell you. Multiple means more than one. Could be 3, could be 15, could even be 50. Lesions, lesions, lesions.
So, tomorrow I will start a new IV chemo and get off the Ironitican (yay!). Navilbene is what I start tomorrow and I will be going once a week for infusions for 3 weeks on, then have one week off. They think the side effects will be less than this last one, but we'll see. I should definitely experience fatigue and maybe hair loss again, but that depends on who you ask. When I ask each of the nurses and then the doctor, I get 3 different opinions on what will happen to my hair. It's like a mini-adventure.
So, being stable for 8 months on Ironitican/Avastin/Zometa/Tykerb combo was a very good run. Now we are looking for the same stability with Navilbene/Avastin/Zometa/Tykerb.
Lesions.
Damn you lesions!!!

2 comments:

  1. Keep on keepin' on! I am praying for you! Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stable for 8, and that is what you are hoping for? Oh, I say nay. Nay to that. I say stable for forever with Navilbene. I love the name. I really do. I think it is good things. :)

    It's like navel bean. It even makes me giggle! :)

    ReplyDelete