Wednesday, May 26, 2010

No Parking On The Dance Floor

I got a disabled parking placard.

I dragged my feet on this for a long time and only a few people even knew I was even considering it. I mean, I look perfectly fine and I have energy to be able to work full-time and still do normal family things like everyone else. I don't want to take any spots away from people that are in wheelchairs, crutches, and what not. But I gotta tell ya, sometimes I just need it.

On and around chemo days, I feel so run down that it's all I can do to run just one or two errands that we need. I didn't want to admit that I needed the placard. That would be admitting that I'm actually sick and I hardly ever feel sick, for crying out loud. Unless it's walking around a theme park... and that's only once in awhile so I could just act like all is normal and be like everyone else.

But I'm not like everyone else. I have to take poison once a week and take naps and plan my energy for activities in advance. I have to say no to a lot of things I'm invited to because I know I just won't have the energy to do it. People, that just sucks.

So don't judge me. I want it both ways-I want my cake and yes, I would like to eat the whole thing too. I refuse to be referred to as the "sick" girl but if you see me getting out of a disabled spot there is a good reason. I don't give a shit what strangers think-they'll give me dirty looks no matter what, but my friends should know I have good reason to use the placard. I won't abuse it, really. But if you'd like to invite me to large scale concerts or sporting events, let's use it! Dang, I just gotta check my energy level first. :-)
-----------------------
Brain MRI results with Dr. Ramakrishna tomorrow. We'll talk about the brain and when to radiate the vertebrae located at L4. Fun times. More updates soon. Tra la la!

2 comments:

  1. I got one when I was getting treatments. I use it when I need it, and leave it in the glove box when I don't.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve it girl!!!! And scream "To La Wanda" as you pull in ;)

    ReplyDelete