Thursday, March 18, 2010

Numbers Falling!! Hooray!

Yesterday I had a routine visit with my oncologist before chemo. They handed me two graphs showing how the tumor markers in my body are dropping. They dropped a lot and the graphs only showed one month's activity!

The CEA test went from 770 to 575.

The 27-29 test went from 1500 to 750.

I was definitely overdue for some good news! These tests are blood tests and they are used as indicators of whether or not the medicine is working. So it looks like the medicine is working. Woohoo!

I have a brain MRI next week and will report back with results. I've scheduled my CT, bone and heart scans for April so it will be good to get through April.

Keep sending prayers and good thoughts. I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. This is very good news, Laura. Like to see those numbers keep going down and just stay there.

    Bob Eskin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, Laura!! Love you :)

    Daryl

    ReplyDelete